Tuesday, December 12, 2006

At the entrance, not the exit

While driving through the Court House area in Arlington, Va, during lunch today, I saw a reporter and camera man at the Taco Bell waving down cars that were pulling out of the drive thru.

Of course, my immediate reaction was to stop and join them, and conduct my own interview on the E. coli outbreak that recently took place at some of the Taco Bells in New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania.

It was exciting to see them out there doing their jobs. They were both carrying equipment, moving with both purpose and confidence. I was happy for them, and I hope they got a good story.

I am sure, among other things, that they were trying find out how concerned customers might (or might not) be about the quality of the food, considering the recent incident.

As I came to a stop at the next light signal, though, I couldn't help thinking: instead of standing at the exit, why not the entrance of the drive thru? I mean, come on, don't interview folks about the green onions after they have purchased the burrito meal.

-- Hugo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home